- Pandemic caused worst year for US economy since 1946on January 28, 2021 at 3:45 pm
WASHINGTON – The United States saw its sharpest contraction in growth since 1946 as the coronavirus pandemic hammered the economy last year, but while the country may be set for a recovery, it hasn’t arrived yet.
- GameStop effect spreads as calls for probe buildon January 28, 2021 at 12:17 pm
The battle between small-time traders and hedge funds that has shaken US and European stock markets moved into Asia on Thursday, with surges in several Australian companies joining a list of social-media hyped moves that have cost financial institutions billions of dollars.
- Registration opens Friday to grow, trade hempon January 28, 2021 at 11:23 am
Anyone can register to grow, trade and have in possession hemp under a new ministerial regulation coming into effect on Friday.
- Rumours, fear dog Philippine vaccine planon January 28, 2021 at 10:06 am
MANILA: According to one rumour circulating in the Philippines, the coronavirus vaccine will allow President Rodrigo Duterte to kill people at the push of a button.
- Thailand ranks fourth in Covid-19 responseon January 28, 2021 at 9:30 am
Thailand ranks fourth in terms of success in containing the coronavirus pandemic in a ranking by an Australian think tank, trailing New Zealand, Vietnam and Taiwan.
- Ministry cuts 2021 growth forecast to 2.8%on January 28, 2021 at 8:52 am
The Finance Ministry has cut its economic forecast for 2021 to 2.8% from the 4.5% expected in October, factoring in the resurgence of Covid-19 and fresh government stimulus measures.
- Local herb study on Covid-19 patients to continueon January 28, 2021 at 7:02 am
Authorities will continue to study the efficacy of a local herb in treating Covid-19 patients after promising results during a trial.
- Legal action likely over celebrity DJ’s Covid-spreading partyon January 28, 2021 at 6:59 am
The Disease Control Department has asked the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) to take legal action against people involved with the birthday party of actor Techin Ploypetch, also known as DJ Matoom, after more Covid-19 infections were linked to the celebration.
- US demands ‘robust’ virus origin probe as pandemic surges worldwideon January 28, 2021 at 5:45 am
WASHINGTON: The United States demanded a “robust and clear” international probe into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic, as a team of World Health Organization experts in China waited on Thursday for approval to begin its long-awaited Covid-19 probe.
- 756 new Covid-19 caseson January 28, 2021 at 5:36 am
The government on Thursday reported 756 new Covid-19 cases, 746 local infections and 10 imported, raising the total to 16,221.